Tuesday, November 05, 2013
List of Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
1. Proteins are a very important type of food for weight loss. Its quality in your diet influences your metabolic rate hence favorably helping you lose weight. In addition to this it sustains your muscles as well as influences muscle fitness during weight loss. Beef meat is the most favorite type of protein for many people. However, it is higher in fat compared to other types of meat and hence should be eaten in moderation. If you really want to lose some pounds, the best types of meat proteins to eat include white meat (poultry) and fish meat.
2. Foods rich in fiber are also very effective when one is trying to lose weight. This is because they help you in keeping your colon clean hence keeping food moving faster along. If you are serious about losing some pounds, the following suggestions will work perfectly for you. Vegetable are highly rich in fiber some of the prime examples of vegetables include cauliflower, celery, zucchini among others. If eating vegetables night in night out is boring try shaking them a bit by stuffing them with pepper or making them into casserole. You can also enjoy them in form of vegetable salads.
3. Fruits are also an important part of the diet for a person who is serious about shedding some pounds. This is because they are also rich in fiber as well as most of them contain very little amounts of calories. Some of the best types of fruits to eat while trying to lose weight include apples, strawberries and oranges. If you choose to eat oranges avoid peeling all the white membrane off since it contains the highest fiber content. Apples on the other hand have high water content and contain both soluble and insoluble fibers while strawberries are very low in carbohydrates.
4. Cereals are also an important and very healthy diet for a person intending to drop some few pounds. High fiber cereals are the most preferable ones since they are bulky and hence fill you up on very minimal level of calories. Cereal based foods such as roasted corn, chapattis, white rice upmas, dhokla among others are a perfect choice. Cereal based foods for your breakfast can include oats, low sugar corn flakes and poha just to mention a few.
5. Last but not least, water, especially ice water, is a very important part of the diet for an overweight person looking forward to shedding off some weight. Taking ice water lowers your body temperature hence the body must compensate for this by burning more fats (calories) to keep it warm. This is in addition to that it has no calories and speeds up the late of digestion hence more calories are burnt. It is also good for filling you up hence reducing the need to eat more and creating an opportunity for more calories in your body. If you are not comfortable taking it plainly you can make t into soup and it will still serve its role in our weight loss strategy.