Lifestyle treats and pleasures are the major cause of weight gain and obesity. Who could resist chocolate cakes top with chocolate and vanilla sprinkles? Who could say NO to a party with different dishes offered?
Who could avoid an eat all you can ice cream? Who could not ever eat homemade cookies from your grandmother? How about those crispy fried chicken and unlimited rice? Can you just disregard the 35 inches pizza given by your friend? If we will just enumerate all life's treats, this article will not be enough. There are so many tempting foods to choose from and you just can't say NO to them, never.
So, when you decided to slim down and tone your body, may be you decided to get into those old jeans that are not already fit to you for the last 5 years, or you just want look good on your bikini during a beach party? All these and more challenge you today. If you want to be slim, are you ready to remove all those life's indulgences from your food list?
While slimming down the body, it is important to take into importance the value of combining exercise and diet. When you want to be slim, the two must go hand in hand; diet will never be effective without exercise to do enhancement and toning, so as exercise without diet. You always have to remember that. Despite the life's treats that are tempting you to pig out, you and you inert discipline has the final say about it. when you say NO, you are then responsible enough about your health and your body, but when you say YES, you really have to think whether you really like to be slim or not. How you respond to those treats is a starting point measurement if you can be consistent enough to deal with your diet and exercise as you go the process of how to get slimmer.
Remember this; slimming down slowly is healthier than getting slim so quickly. When you slim down slowly, you will sustain it for a long period of time. Drastic weight loss over a short period of time does not allow your body enough time to keep up. This can often lead to side effects such as sagging skin and malnutrition, which can be dangerous to your health. The recommended safe weight loss per week is 2 to 3 pounds.
1) Eat less fat.
As being said, fat is the number one cause of weight gain where fats are accumulated in the different areas of the body that are very evident. If you used to eat fat, you must reduce your daily intake:
- Choose fish, lean meat, and chicken breast without skin.
- Cut away visible fat from meat or other food sources.
- Do not add much margarine, butter, oil and mayonnaise in your food.
- When you cook, use olive oil or canola oil for cooking.
- When cooking, make sure that the frying pan is thoroughly cleansed without residual content of oil from the previous cooking.
- Do not add much sugar to your food.
- Avoid eating so many chocolates, cakes and anything sweet.
- The more sugar, the more calories, thus causing weight gain.
- Alcohol contains energy, but it has high calorie content and no essential nutrients on it.
- Too much of alcohol intake will be transformed to fat causing another weight gain.
Some fast foods or processed foods contain a great amount of hidden fat or sugar.
- You should avoid eating much of products like: cakes, soft drinks, junk foods, chocolate, ice-cream, etc.
- You should also buy all the food you use in a natural form, and cook it yourself with minimal salt and sugar.
All foods when eaten in excess are not healthy. So eat in moderation.
- When trying to lose weight, you should reduce the total amount of calories the food you eat.
- However, you should not starve yourself because by starving, your body will not have enough energy to work at its fullest, so there will be a decrease in fat burning process.
- Eating 5-6 small meals daily can be helpful in speeding up the fat burning process and prevents stimulation of hunger from time to time.
- Each meal should contain whole grain, lean meat and vegetables.
- Each meal should have some protein sources like fish, eggs, meat, mushrooms or protein-rich seeds; and foods eaten should be complete in essential elements for the body to work.
- Physical activity helps to increase fat burning process and it also helps to control your appetite.
- Do some daily exercises that increase your energy. You can do jogging, brisk walking, etc. daily for 30 minutes. This will really help in burning fats effectively.
- Do also some weight training exercises by weight lifting, using of dumbbells, etc. these are done to increase your muscles, thereby burning fat more.
- If you can't find time to go to the gym for exercise, find time to engage yourself some new hobby or leisure activity.
- If you are a sport person, then continue to be. If you play tennis, badminton or basketball, have time to do it at least 2-3 times weekly. The more you work your muscles, the more you burn more fats.
- Even though you should reduce the amount of fat and carbohydrates in the diet, you still need some of those for energy. You just have to eat in moderation or in minimal amount.
- Carbohydrates in corn cereals and fruit, but without added sugar. Therefore, you should have full corn cereals, fruit and vegetables as part of your diet.
- You should also have to consume enough proteins. There are a few good protein sources such as lean meat, mushrooms, foul and seafood.
- Remember this: high protein, moderate carbohydrates and minimal fat.
- You should avoid eating during the night. Meals during the night have a greater tendency to be converted to fat because the digestion slows down.
- As much as possible, do not eat after 7 p.m. or if you want, you can only eat soup or vegetables for dinner.
Next, check out on The Diet Solution Review created by Isabel De Los Rios and see how you can get slimmer by eating the right foods.
Find out which weight loss program is suitable for you through our Compare Weight Loss Programs page here. Click on the above link to discover which programs can help you lose weight today.