Here is a list of top foods to eat to avoid losing muscle mass:
1. Eggs are a good source of protein and omega 3 essential fatty acids. Some chickens are actually being fed with flaxseed, which increases the amount of omega-3 content of the eggs. These eggs are called fortified eggs and are good for increasing muscle mass.
2. Legumes are good source of fiber, which is important in keeping a person's blood sugar and energy levels stable. Most legumes are rich in protein and slow releasing complex carbs. Both are needed to provide longer lasting energy for exercising. The most common legumes that you can add to your diet are chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, black beans, lentils, and black-eyed peas.
3. Vegetables, especially allium vegetables, are good sources of flavonoids. Great examples of which are garlic, onions, chives, scallions, and leeks. These vegetables are more beneficial when eaten raw by people who are working out.
4. Mollusks are protein rich and high in essential vitamins and minerals and are good addition to a bodybuilder's diet. Mollusks are good sources of iron, vitamin B12, and copper. These nutrients are all essential in delivering oxygen to the muscles.
5. Nuts are very rich source of nutrients including fatty acids, proteins, fiber, potassium, folate, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin E. Almonds, Brazil nuts, cashew nuts, and peanuts are good choices if you are working out.
RELATED: 5 Healthy, Delicious and Low-Calorie Weight Loss Recipes
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ruben_McDaniels/292961