Here is a simple breakfast burrito recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato ketchup
- 2 medium Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), vegetable, made up with 150ml hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoons Black pepper
- 1 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 3 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
- 2 tablespoons Skimmed Milk
- 2 medium Tortilla wrap(s)
- 1 pinch Salt, to taste
First make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, tomato ketchup and spring onions. Set aside
Next, simmer the mushrooms and vegetable stock in a saucepan for about 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, spray a medium non-stick saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Beat the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Add to the saucepan and scramble the eggs over a medium heat until just set. Remove from the heat.
Warm the tortillas in a hot frying pan, one at a time, flipping them over after a few seconds.
Lay the tortillas on two separate serving plates and fill the centre with scrambled eggs and well-drained mushrooms. Fold up one edge of each tortilla to form the base, then fold in the sides to form pockets. Serve with the tomato salsa.
Cook’s tips: For extra flavor, stir a couple of snipped grilled turkey rashers into the scrambled eggs. This will add 1/2 Point per serving. If you like, add some chopped fresh herbs to the salsa, such as coriander or parsley.
RELATED: 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Weight Loss