Everyone knows how to follow a diet now, but it's not something you can do without. We show you how you can lose weight effortlessly in your daily life.
1. No strict juice or powder detoxIt might sound strange, but despite the popularity of detox juice cleanses, many nutritionists and experts believe that they are not actually effective. In fact, strict detox cleanses that consist solely of juices or powder drinks consumed over a long period of time can cause serious harm to the body, making them more unhealthy than healthy. Any claims that such treatments can make you happier, healthier, slimmer, and stronger within just seven days should be questioned. Furthermore, by avoiding such expensive treatments, you can save money as well. Detoxing in moderation as a natural way to cleanse the body can be beneficial, but it's important to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
2. No prohibitionsIf you've been on a diet, you probably know that when certain foods are restricted, you crave them even more! If you feel guilty, you may be more likely to eat an entire chocolate bar, because after having a taste of the "forbidden fruit", it won't make much difference anyway. Completely banning unhealthy foods is therefore not effective and will eventually result in a relapse. It's better to allow yourself to enjoy these foods in moderation and still keep your weight loss goal in mind.
3. Step by StepIf you're looking to lose weight, it's not recommended to make a sudden change to your diet by cutting out all unhealthy foods. Instead, it's better to gradually change your eating habits, starting with one meal at a time, and figuring out which meal change will have the biggest impact on reaching your goal. Experts recommend taking it slow and making step by step changes to avoid failure.
4. Always slow
Sport is just as important as nutrition in order to stay healthy, become healthy or lose weight. If you plan to go directly to the sport five times a week and give full power, you will quickly reach your limits. If you have never exercised before or want to start again after a long time, you should take it slowly and increase step by step. Only go to fitness twice a week, after four weeks then three times and so on. And maybe you don't choose the power-cycling course right away, but swing on the treadmill.
5. Eat only for special occasionsWhoever cooks at home has control over how healthy or unhealthy the dish is. So if you want to lose weight, you should prepare a lot yourself. Eating out is rather difficult because one never knows which products are used and above all which unnecessary, unhealthy additives are contained. So eating in a restaurant should definitely be an exception and reserved for special occasions - which can be the weekend.
6. To-do listIf you have a stressful everyday life, you tend to postpone the workout rather than do it. It helps to create a to-do list that provides an exact overview of the daily workload and available time for a training. Planning also helps in the end to do what has been done.
7. Avoid unnecessary snacksAnyone working in the office needs to get up from time to time and take a short break. Many people associate this with a snack. Just run into the cafeteria, stretch your legs and get a candy bar. Even if you're not hungry! Taking a break is not a problem, but do without the snack if you are not really hungry. Get a coffee, chat with a colleague - this is also a short break.
8. Healthy snacksDuring the day you often tend to nibble here and there. Often you are not hungry at all, but bored. Then a candy bar lands quickly times in the mouth and the Haribo bag is on. Listen carefully to yourself. Are you hungry and can't take it? Or are you just bored because you still have three hours to work and nothing to do? If you can't do it without a snack, make sure you eat the right food in between. A few tomatoes, a sugar-free cereal bar or an apple will work wonders.
Related: 10 Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
9. Water instead of soft drinks
Probably the easiest way to save calories is to ignore soft drinks and drink water. This not only benefits the scales, but also the insulin level, which is no longer constantly pushed up and causes seizures after rapid waste. If you are "addicted" to sweetened drinks (sugar in your coffee is also included!), you should exchange one for the other step by step. It doesn't have to be three Coke, but maybe just one.
10. Weight trainingNo matter what sport you do, it is better than no sport. However, it is not fair that the eternally preached cardio training always takes all the credit, because strength training provides for a muscle build-up that stimulates the metabolism and thus burns more calories. So instead of standing on the treadmill for three hours, it is better to take dumbbells in your hand and do weight training.
11. Staircase instead of elevatorTo go to the gym, you often have to motivate yourself. Little exercises are so obvious! Whether at home or in the office, simply use the stairs instead of the elevator.
12. Seek like-minded people and role modelsWhen you fight alone, you often give up faster. Nobody sees it! So it is best to find like-minded people with whom you want to lose weight, cook and motivate yourself. But even a role model can help! Why not just talk to a well-trained woman in the gym and ask if she can support you?
13. Correct portion sizesDo you know what you ate today? Exactly! And that's the problem. Often you just eat too much without even noticing or underestimating the portion sizes. Weighing and keeping a diary helps tremendously to get an overview of what you eat throughout the day.
14. New sportswearThose who treat themselves to new sports shoes or buy chic sports clothes are also more motivated to do sports.
15 Morning routineThe start of the day has a decisive influence on nutrition and fitness. So if you want a healthy lifestyle, you should take time for a healthy routine in the morning. It is best to get up 15 minutes earlier to have tea, meditate, stretch and breathe deeply. People under stress often make the wrong decisions - especially when eating!
16. Green vegetables
At least three times a day you should include green vegetables in your food. It contains many important nutrients and also makes you full.
Green vegetables are also great for healthy smoothies! The green smoothie - nutrient bomb for a firm figure
17. LegumesIf you have a few kilos too much on your hips, you are guaranteed to eat too little fruit, vegetables and pulses. But the latter in particular are incredibly healthy! They contain a lot of dietary fibres, make you full and provide your body with valuable nutrients. The renunciation of meat also has a good economic impact.
18. Drink instead of eatEveryone knows that feeling of being on the brink of starvation. Our brains play a trick on us when we're delusional about sugar. In addition, hunger is usually confused with thirst! So if you think you're hungry, you should drink a glass of water first. If that doesn't help and the last meal has been five hours or longer ago, something can be eaten.
19. Smaller platesPsychology has us firmly under control. The plate must always be full, otherwise we won't get enough. How big the plate must be, however, nobody said. So if you want to trick yourself, you should always fill your portions on a small plate. Looks like a lot, but it's definitely less!
20. No temptationsLet's face it: If you have fast food and sweets in your house, you will eat them sometime! The temptation is especially great if you come home hungry and want to eat something quickly. However, when you first have to leave the house for sinful food, you are more inclined to eat what is at home - ideally healthy food. You only have to resist the temptation in the supermarket!
21. Force instead of weightIf you set your goals on gained strength rather than on weight loss, you will last longer! The Plank Challenge is a great way to do this. Just start with a plan and make one more every day. You will quickly notice physical changes, even if not on the scales.
22. Eat more fat
This may sound insane to many people, but fat is not only a flavour carrier, it also keeps you full for a long time and is healthy - provided it is the right fat. Make an avocado in the smoothie more often, sprinkle nuts over the salad or drink a bulletproof coffee and the change of diet is suddenly no longer so difficult.
23. Be happy
Most important in changing your diet: you have to be happy with it! If giving up carbohydrates makes you grumpy, then you should find another way to achieve a healthy and slim figure. Otherwise, you will eventually give up and revert to old habits.