Losing weight quickly and without compromising our health is easier than we thought. There is no need for strange remedies, or intense sessions in the gym or even less to eat less than what our body needs.
Losing weight means, above all, changing habits. It may surprise us, but our lifestyles and eating habits are the result of a kind of culture and even education that we are not always aware of.
Also, to realize these aspects and to dare to change them successfully requires a will power that, in principle, not all of us have.
There are times when restricting sugar consumption requires something as simple as stopping buying it. Doing so and fulfilling it also requires that we have the support of our family.
Another aspect that we should integrate into our thinking patterns is that a diet should not be "temporary".
To maintain our ideal weight, the most positive thing to do is to integrate a healthy way of eating into our daily lives, and not in specific periods when we accumulate a few pounds too much.
Eating well is an obligation, not a temporary option.
Here are 7 tips on how to lose weight quickly, but at the same time, healthy and recommended.
1. Medical examination
To lose weight in good health, you must first undergo a medical check-up.
Sometimes, having gained a few extra pounds can be due to very specific diseases, such as hypothyroidism.
- When it comes to starting any diet, it is a priority for our doctors to inform us about such basic indicators as our cholesterol and blood sugar levels, the parameters of our blood pressure, etc.
- To lose weight quickly we're going to have to do sports. In order to avoid unnecessary risks it is advisable to rule out heart problems or even simple anemias that will make us feel more tired than usual.
So don't hesitate: have a simple check-up and, when you have your doctor's approval, start with the advice below.
2. A glass of warm water and lemon as soon as you get up
We know that this simple advice is already known to you. What's more, it's quite possible that you already apply it in your daily life.
- Either way, starting the day off with a glass of warm lemon and lemon water on an empty stomach is a great way to cleanse toxins, take care of your liver, regulate constipation and prepare your body for healthy eating.
- If you think that the juice of a whole lemon is too intense for you, don't hesitate to reduce the amount according to your own tolerance.
3. 1 minute of exercise before breakfast to lose weight quickly
Once we have had that glass of warm lemon water we will begin a simple aerobic exercise routine.
- It is a great time to move your body and encourage fat loss.
- Our insulin level is a little lower than normal, so the energy we use to exercise will come directly from our stored fat stores.
- Just do a 10-minute walk and vary the type of exercise you do every day: push-ups, squats, dancing or even yoga, whatever you prefer.
4. Oatmeal at your breakfast
Oats are one of the best foods to start your day with. It is important that we never skip breakfast, and it is essential that this first meal of the day be varied and balanced.
- To lose weight quickly, the last thing we need to do is skip meals.
In that case, what we would achieve would be a much slower metabolism, dangerously low blood sugars and arriving at the main meal of the day too hungry.
- However, something as simple as preparing a good bowl of oatmeal will ensure that we get the perfect supply of fibre and minerals (such as iron, sodium, zinc, magnesium, potassium or folic acid).
RELATED: 4 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Weight Loss
5. Eat natural foods and completely restrict processed foods
This advice is, without a doubt, the one that is going to cost us the most to carry out. It will be because it involves the following:
- We should always eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid all types of sweets, pastries, salt, refined flours, pickles or snacks.
- We must replace bread made from refined flour with whole grain bread.
- Pasta, like rice, must be whole grain.
- Restrict sauces such as mayonnaise, ketchup, cheese spreads, etc.
- Forget about carbonated drinks, as well as packaged juices: consume only natural beverages.
6. Exercise divided into two half-hour sessions
To lose weight quickly, we must exercise. However, rather than tiring ourselves out in a one-hour session, it is best to spread out our exercise table at different times of the day:
- As soon as we adjourn a 10-minute session.
- At noon we will establish a 20 minute exercise routine (if they are of high intensity the effect will be healthier).
- In the afternoon, and thus avoiding the central hours of the sun, it would be ideal for you to go for a walk or a run. Half an hour is enough.
7. Beware, you need to sleep more than 6 hours each night
More than one may be surprised by this, but getting less than 6 hours of regular sleep will make you overweight and increase your risk of diabetes.
- If this is your case, if you suffer from chronic insomnia, consult your doctor about a strategy to obtain a deep and restorative sleep.
Encourage yourself to put into practice the advice given here: sometimes it is enough to live a healthy life to lose those extra pounds.